In this article, I’ll try to answer which are the necessary skills for a game producer. Ask a Game Dev has insightful article what does the job of producer entail:
“The producer’s primary role is to get the game to ship.”
So what skills does this job require?
Here is how to find out:
- Subscribe to a bunch of gamedev jobs portals and create agents to receive relevant job offers.
- Download relevant job offers as PDFs. When you feel like you have enough (it was 70 for me) convert them to txt files. Alternatively, save those job offers to txt files right away so you can skip this step. Yeah, don’t be like me. Be smart. Save your job offers as txt files!
In this blog post I’m gonna give you the Profit! part, so you don’t have to deal with the mysterious step 3 yourself. But I’m gonna tell you about it anyway.
Read more ›
How to inform players about a new feature. #gamedev
One of my friends has created a Steam page for his upcoming game. Check it out, it’s pretty good Portal-like puzzle game. #fun
Comment on Unforeseen Consequences, A Half-Life Documentary by Danny O’Dwyer (NoClip). #gamedev
TWIL stands for This Week I Learned. Basically, sharing bunch of interesting links from the last week .)
Read more ›
- 3+ years shipping software features in a personal or professional capacity with a focus on “look and feel”.
- Experience building a small experience end to end completely on your own.
- Experience rapidly building volumes of prototypes over short periods of time.
- Experience working with and taking direction from designers and other creative stakeholders.
- Experience learning new technologies on the job.
- An interest working in Mobile XR and a practical working knowledge of the XR landscape.
More info here:
Tagged with: Biz
Tagged with: Design
, Star Wars